Don't let stubbornness sour the deal
Friday, October 23, 2020
9:00 am – 10:00 am via webinar
Who should attend: Negotiators and mediators of all levels of experience, lawyers who attend mediations, business and government officials, and anyone who wants to increase competency in negotiation skills and processes
Learning level: Fundamental/Intermediate
How to balance being a Doberman and a Diplomat? "I am tough, but also interested in exploring a possible agreement." This course will teach you how to add value for a client by knowing 17 standard methods to restart the negotiations.
After taking ths course you will know:
- the reasons why it is difficult to re-open negotiations that have stalled
- how to add value by knowing a menu of 17 methods to restart jammed negotiations
- how to restart negotiations from a position of strength without appearing weak or desperate
This is the first course in the Negotiation Series: Roadblocks and How to Overcome Them, a three-part series that will identify three common roadblocks experienced every day while negotiating. The courses in this series are:
(1) 17 Strategies for Re-opening Hopelessly Deadlocked Negotiations — Friday,
October 23, 2020, 9:00 – 10:00 am
(2) Influential Outsiders in Negotiation — Friday, October 23, 2020, 10:30 – 11:30 am
(3) The Last Gap in Negotiations and How to Cross It — Friday, October 23, 2020, 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Guarantee: If you are a professional negotiator, mediator, lawyer, politician or business person, you will have already encountered these three hurdles—get a handle on how best to manage these roadblocks from an expert.
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 1 hour (this course will NOT involve any professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Professor John Wade — Professor Emeritus, Bond University, Queensland, Australia
To support you during COVID-19, CLEBC is offering reduced pricing for courses.
Register by Sept. 25/20
After Sept. 25/20
|Webinar Articled Student
Experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19?
You may be eligible for further reductions in our course prices.
Please contact Customer Service for more information.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Want to register for a course now, but prefer a monthly payment plan?
Check out our Easy Pay Plan.
CLEBC Program Coordinator