Get up to date on key #industrytrends over lunch
(Original course date: May 8, 2019)
Who should attend: Business lawyers, in-house counsel, and all who advise or work with technology companies
Learning level: All levels
Cannabis is the new biotech. In this focused one-hour course, you will learn about:
- marketing and labeling cannabis products
- how to pick a strong trademark for your goods and services
- the mysterious world of plant breeders rights—is it for you?
- patent peculiarities to be aware of—can you patent a plant?
- how to leverage your copyright to get you where you want to go
- how the Canadian intellectual property and cannabis landscape compares to the US plant breeders' rights and other types of intellectual property
This course is part of the #TechLaw2019 Series. In this five-part lunch series, you will learn about technology, intellectual property, and privacy issues that business lawyers face. The courses in the #TechLaw2019 Series are:
Top Ten Technology Issues for Business Lawyers — Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 12:30 – 1:30pm
Employment Law Issues for Tech Companies — Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 12:30 – 1:30pm
Privacy and Cyber Security Issues — Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 12:30 – 1:30pm
Cannabis and Intellectual Property Issues — Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 12:30 – 1:30pm
Legal Topics Arising from Emerging Technologies — Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 12:30 – 1:30pm
Join us today!
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 1 hour (this course will NOT involve any professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Ryan J. Black — McMillan LLP, Vancouver
Christie Bates — McMillan LLP, Toronto
Morgan McDonald — McMillan LLP, Vancouver
Can't make the in-person course or webinar?
Subscribe to Courses On Demand, our comprehensive online resource with 2,500+ videos and 5,400+ papers from CLEBC courses. This course will be added to Course on Demand approximately 30 days from the original course date.
Want to register for courses now, but prefer a monthly payment plan? Check out our Easy Pay Plan.
Unable to attend a course without help from CLEBC? Check out our Bursary Program.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*