Get up to date on key #industrytrends over lunch
Register here to attend Life Cycle of a Startup session only
Jump Start on CPD 2023
Monday, March 6, 2023
On the rebroadcast date, you will have until midnight of that rebroadcast date to access the course. Please note that technical support will be available during regular CLEBC business hours.
(Original Course Date: September 28, 2022)
Can't make the webinar or rebroadcasts?
Want online CPD available 24/7?
Subscribe to Courses On Demand, our comprehensive online resource with 21,500+ videos and 5,400+ papers from CLEBC courses. This course will be added to Courses on Demand approximately 30 days from the original course date.
Who should attend: Business lawyers, in-house counsel, and all who advise or work with technology companies
Learning level: All levels
Most of us didn't turn our passionate sourdough starter endeavours into a fledging business over the pandemic, but the "new normal" has presented entrepreneurs with an even clearer path to pursuing their startups. Lawyering for these clients means knowing where they're at in their business and where they are trying to go. In this session we will discuss:
- distinguishing between a "startup" and a "small business"
- desirable share structure for startups on the venture growth path
- a high-level overview of the lifecycle of financings (Pre-Seed, Seed, and Series)
- juggling shares, options, SAFEs, and convertible notes
- how dilution works from a Venture Capital viewpoint (and why it may not always be bad)
This course is part of the #TechLaw2022 Series (click here to register for all four sessions). In this four-part series, you will learn about the key issues that business lawyers face in the fast-moving world of tech transactions. The courses in the #TechLaw2022 Series are:
1. Life Cycle of a Startup—Founding to Financing to Exit
Wednesday, September 28
2. Privacy and Cybersecurity—What Every Lawyer Needs to Know
Tuesday, October 11
3. Top 10 Emerging Tech Issues for Today's Business Lawyers
Tuesday, October 25
4. Influencers, Marketing, and Regulated Advertising
Tuesday, November 8
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 1 hour (this course does not contain professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management).
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast will either meet or exceed the CPD hours of the original live webinar course.
Ryan J. Black — DLA Piper (Canada) LLP, Vancouver
|Jump Start 2023
Register by Feb. 6/23
After Feb. 6/23
|Rebroadcast Articled Student
Just want the materials from the course?
Subscribe to Online Course Materials and access 5,400+ papers produced for CLEBC courses since 2001.
Want to register for a course now, but prefer a monthly payment plan?
Check out our Easy Pay Plan.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*