Wednesday and Thursday, November 6 and 7, 2019
9:00 am – 4:00 pm (both days)
Pan Pacific Hotel, 999 Canada Place, Vancouver
or attend via webinar
Time Management and Fight the Paper
Who should attend: Lawyers in all practice areas (private practice, corporate legal, university and colleges). We also strongly encourage lawyers to bring their legal assistants/team. Time, task and email management is something the entire team needs to do together. The more people who understand the system, the more likely that everyone experiences success. If you have a laptop, bring it with you!
Learning level: All levels
Eliminate paper from your practice before 2020! This seminar provides information on the benefits of a paperless office and the best way to get there.
- Time, task, email, and distraction management tips
- Take back control of your case deadlines, statute dates, and task list
- Regain control of your day, week and month with practical caseload management methodologies that let you master your to-do list
- Managing the paperless case file
- Learn appropriate uses of PDFs
- Understand the risks and benefits of PDF files
- Legal practice on the go
Who should attend: All litigators or lawyers who must manage and present evidence. This is not just limited to courtoom presentations. If you prepare and present to clients in your conference room, for mediations, arbitrations, hearings, or teach at seminars, conferences, law schools, this will benefit you!
Learning level: All levels
Practising law in the 21st Century has evolved. No longer can you present a compelling case without embracing technology and all it has to offer.
- How to make your case to the jury with legal technology
- How to effectively represent your client at trial without the need of a trial consultant or expert
- Using PowerPoint effectively
- E-discovery and manage lawyer work product
- Pitfalls of practising law in the computer age
- Trial technology tools and apps available on the iPad
- Practice tips and trial tactics designed specifically for litigators
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 12 hours (a minimum of 2 hours pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Paul J. Unger, ESQ — Affinity Consulting Group, LLC, Columbus, OH
Register by Oct. 9/19
After Oct. 9/19
|In-Person Articled Student
|Webinar Articled Student
Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Want to register for courses now, but prefer a monthly payment plan? Check out our Easy Pay Plan.
Unable to attend a course without help from CLEBC? Check out our Bursary Program.
Gather your colleagues around a computer to save on Webinars and Rebroadcasts. Groups pay full price for the main registrant plus $249 ($449 for two-day courses) for each additional viewer. If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Program Coordinator