Save time and draft wills that your clients can understand
This publication is essential for: anyone looking for BC-specific sample clauses for wills and related personal planning documents
Current to: June 15, 2022
Clients are demanding legal documents they can comprehend, and wills clients are no exception. Immensely popular, Wills and Personal Planning Precedents: An Annotated Guide is your must-have tool for preparing plain language wills. It is the place to find BC-focused sample clauses for wills, powers of attorney, and other related documents. This guide also includes sample client questionnaires, forms, and letters along with commentary by Peter W. Bogardus, QC, Mary B. Hamilton, QC, and Sadie L. Wetzel explaining the use of clauses and alerting you to relevant law.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- draft wills and related documents more quickly and confidently
- fulfill your clients' need for clear understanding of their wills
- become more efficient by spending less time interpreting documents with each client
Buy today and draft wills confidently! View a sample from this book!
The 2022 Update to Wills and Personal Planning Precedents: An Annotated Guide includes substantive revisions to incorporate legislative amendments and other practice changes. All features of the book, including the clauses and precedents; checklists; case and statute tables; subject index; and accompanying disk containing the clauses and precedents, have been updated to June 15, 2022.
Some highlights of the 2022 Update include the following:
- updated case law, legislation, and commentary throughout
- new chapter on "unique situations" (chapter 34), including new clauses for assisted reproduction
- new clauses dealing with reproductive material and embryos, delivery costs, attestation where the will-maker cannot physically sign the will, cash gifts to offset gifts of specific articles, spousal trusts to hold real property, and hotchpot clause for children and grandchildren
- updated language in clauses for greater consistency throughout
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Wills, Estates, and Trusts resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor