Save time and draft wills that your clients can understand
This publication is essential for: anyone looking for BC-specific sample clauses for wills and related personal planning documents
Current to: January 1, 2019
Clients are demanding legal documents they can comprehend, and wills clients are no exception. Immensely popular, Wills and Personal Planning Precedents: An Annotated Guide is your must-have tool for preparing plain language wills. It is the place to find BC-focused sample clauses for wills, powers of attorney, and other related documents. This guide also includes sample client questionnaires, forms, and letters along with commentary by Peter W. Bogardus, QC, Mary B. Hamilton, QC, and Sadie L. Wetzel explaining the use of clauses and alerting you to relevant law.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- draft wills and related documents more quickly and confidently
- fulfill your clients' need for clear understanding of their wills
- become more efficient by spending less time interpreting documents with each client
Buy today and draft wills confidently! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 Update include:
- new Chapter 14 on abatement and priority of gifts clauses
- many new precedents, including Appointment of Standby Guardian and Revocation of Standby Guardian in Chapter 4, and several wills and related documents sample letters in new Chapter 41
- many new clauses, including:
- limited revocation of prior wills clauses
- articles equally among all children clauses
- outright cash gift to offset advances or loans clauses
- funeral wishes in multiple will situation clauses
- enduring power of attorney clauses relating to financial circumstances, and use and enjoyment of property
- complete reorganization of Powers of Trustees Clauses chapter (now Chapter 20), including several new clauses
- expanded coverage of several topics, including advances and forgiveness of debt, dual wills, anti-lapse provisions, scope of trustees’ discretion, spousal trusts, and foreign citizen issues
- commentary throughout reflects new practice developments (such as income tax developments and property tax developments)
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
CLEBC Legal Editor