Document your real estate financing deal with ease
This book is essential for: lawyers working with real estate financing agreements from the perspective of the lender or the borrower
Current to: May 1, 2022
Financing construction projects is complicated and involves many aspects of corporate and commercial law. Real Estate Financing: Annotated Precedents offers you over 20 precedents for commitment letters, mortgages, general security agreements, covenants, collateral documents, and more. Complete with commentary, practice tips, case law, and legislation, this resource gives you an overview of common challenges encountered in construction financing and how to respond to or circumvent them.
With an online subscription to Real Estate Financing: Annotated Precedents, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- draft appropriate financing documents to support a development deal
- understand when and why each document is used
- help your lending clients manage risk
- develop strategy to help your clients negotiate advantageous financing for their projects
Subscribe today and help your clients disburse or secure funds! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2022 Update:
- Personal Property Security Regulation amendments changing requirements for describing debtors by name and permitted punctuation
- mandatory Web Filing at the Land Title and Survey Authority
- amendments to site identification process under the Environmental Management Act and Contaminated Sites Regulation, and site disclosure statement requirements
- effect on the law of guarantees of 2020 and 2021 SCC expansion of Bhasin principle to information disclosure in certain circumstances and to requirement to exercise contractual discretion in good faith
- choice of law clause interpretation making guarantee subject to BC law (2020 ABQB)
- potential effects on trust property financing of 2020 LOTA enactment, BCA information holding requirements regarding "significant individuals," and PTT form changes
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Real Estate Financing: Annotated Precedents for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Real Estate resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn