The insider's guide to dealing effectively with the Public Guardian and Trustee
This publication is essential for: all civil litigators and their support staff
Current to: August 1, 2021
From simple conveyances to complex settlements, many files involve the Public Guardian and Trustee. With the Public Guardian and Trustee Handbook you have quick access to comprehensive information on the role and responsibility of the Public Guardian and Trustee in files involving services to adults, services to children and youth, estate and personal trust services, and class proceedings. Sample forms and specific guidance on requesting information from the Public Guardian and Trustee help to guide you through this special area of practice.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- recognize when and how the Public Guardian and Trustee will be involved in your client's case
- understand your client's obligations when the Public Guardian and Trustee is involved in the case
- access tips on practice and procedure when interacting with the Public Guardian and Trustee
Buy today and interact confidently with the Public Guardian and Trustee! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2021 Update include:
- revised content on PGT services to adults
- different types of assessments for different purposes
- updated information on personal decision services, including consent to care facility admission and substitute decision makers
- updated information on financial management services
- ending court-appointed committee of estate
- rights of fifth-degree (or greater) relative of intestate deceased
- updated information on PGT personal information disclosure and FOI requests
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn