Could it get any worse? Family strife in the midst of a pandemic
(Original Course Date: May 1, 2020)
Can't make the webinar or rebroadcasts?
Want online CPD available 24/7?
Subscribe to Courses On Demand, our comprehensive online resource with 2,500+ videos and 5,400+ papers from CLEBC courses. This course will be added to Course on Demand approximately 30 days from the original course date.
Who should attend: All lawyers with a practice in family law
Learning level: All levels
Join us for a focused, 60-minute course to learn what is happening with urgent family law hearings in the Provincial Court. Topics will include:
- notice to the profession regarding suspension of the usual operations
- automatic adjournments of hearings and other matters
- services/technologies being provided by the court for urgent family matters
- what is an urgent matter
- options to consider before making an application
- procedures on urgent family matters
- use of police enforcement clauses
- teleconference etiquette
- effect of an order made
- what may happen as we come out of the pandemic
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 1 hour (no hours will pertain to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
The Honourable Judge Kathryn J. Ferriss — Provincial Court of BC, Surrey
The Honourable Judge Trudy A. Macdonald — Provincial Court of BC, Surrey
To support you during COVID-19, CLEBC is offering reduced pricing for courses.
Experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19?
You may be eligible for further reductions in our course prices.
Please contact Customer Service for more information.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Want to register for a course now, but prefer a monthly payment plan?
Check out our Easy Pay Plan!
CLEBC Program Lawyer*