Everything you need to know to work on a small claims file
This publication is essential for: anyone appearing in Small Claims Court
Current to: November 1, 2019
Success in Small Claims Provincial Court requires specialized knowledge and abilities. Provincial Court Small Claims Handbook guides you through all of the unique steps in Small Claims Court, from starting an action to enforcing an order. It also explains the small claims jurisdiction carved out for the Civil Resolution Tribunal. Designed to complement CLEBC’s Small Claims Act and Rules—Annotated, this resource offers you quick access to important cases, practice points, and forms so you can effectively advocate for your client in court or help them understand the Civil Resolution Tribunal process.
With an online subscription to Provincial Court Small Claims Handbook, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- decide whether Small Claims Court is right for your client's issue
- access quickly important case law on procedure
- confidently prepare for and appear in Small Claims Court
- assist clients who will proceed before the Civil Resolution Tribunal
Subscribe today and be an effective small claims advocate! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2020 Update include:
- case law annotations and legislation brought current to approximately November 1, 2019
- expanded commentary regarding, among others, the following:
- the mandate and jurisdiction of the Civil Resolution Tribunal
- alternate forms of attendance for settlement conferences
- sample language for non-admission of liability clauses
- compensation for improper or vexatious conduct
- appeals from Small Claims court, and when and where a new trial will be ordered
- new sections regarding applications for exemptions from adjudication of a claim by the Civil Resolution Tribunal and applications for stays or dismissals of Provincial Court proceedings in favour of the Civil Resolution Tribunal
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Provincial Court Small Claims Handbook for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor