Know what to expect at your registrar’s hearing
This publication is essential for: anyone requiring guidance for appearing before a master or registrar in BC
Current to: July 1, 2019
Faced with a hearing before a Supreme Court or Court of Appeal registrar and don't know what to do? Turn to Practice Before the Registrar for guidance from the Registrars themselves and from experienced practitioners. Learn when and why to seek a hearing, the procedure to get your hearing, what happens at the hearing, and steps to take after the hearing. With clear discussions of the law and procedure and 80 sample forms, this resource will help you smoothly navigate the many types of hearings before the registrar, from costs assessments, family law references, bankruptcy matters, and settling orders to reviews and appeals.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand when to go before a registrar in your client's case
- efficiently prepare for a registrar's hearing
- confidently advocate at a registrar's hearing with knowledge of practice and procedure
Buy today and practice confidently before a registrar! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 Update include:
- all legislation current to July 1, 2019
- discussion of notable decisions in respect of Legal Profession Act reviews, including:
- "special circumstances" justifying a review
- the impairment of a lawyer's lien
- the practice of a lawyer appearing as both an advocate and a witness
- overview of a number of recent court directed references to the registrar in family law matters
- a detailed list of documents to be filed in support of an application for the taxation of a trustee's fees
"As Registrar, the most common saying I hear is 'I've never done [a registrar's hearing] before.' The manual puts you in the position of knowing what needs to be done. Essentially, [Practice Before the Registrar] provides a measure of experience in a single volume." – Scott A. Nielsen, Registrar, Supreme Court of BC
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor