Your inside look into the BC Land Title and Survey Authority
This publication is essential for: anyone who deals with land title matters in BC
Current to: August 1, 2022
Published under authority of the Land Title and Survey Authority (LTSA), Land Title Practice Manual is the reference resource for BC conveyancers. Used by LTSA staff when reviewing registration applications, this indispensable resource provides you with the full Land Title Act containing section-by-section commentary with applicable forms, practice tips, and case summaries. In addition, you will find annotated relevant sections of over 20 other statutes and regulations affecting land title practice. Examples of documents acceptable to the LTSA, guidance on instrument registration, and a survey of liens and charges are also included as handy materials.
With an online subscription to Land Title Practice Manual, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- understand the perspective of LTSA staff who review applications
- reduce your risk of LTSA defect notices
- quickly obtain answers to your questions about land title submissions
Subscribe today and become an LTSA insider! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2022 Update:
- new chapter on LOTA and LOTR
- new and updated forms approved by Director of Land Titles
- updated Surveyor General's Circular Letters
- updated legal notations and charges
- annotated legislation updated
- Land Title Act amended definition of "explanatory plan"
- Forest Act amendments re agreements for Crown land dedications and forest service road declarations, amended definition of "forest service road"
- Interpretation Act amendment to enforce construction of every enactment as upholding constitutional Aboriginal and treaty rights and as being consistent with the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act
- Land Title and Survey Authority Act amendment permitting court to find individual not incapable of managing their own affairs, for determining whether qualified to become or act as a director
- Local Government Act and Community Charter amendments for public notice requirements
- Strata Property Act new definition of "superintendent" appointed under Real Estate Services Act
- Treaty First Nation Taxation Act amendments establishing regulation-making power to provide or enable time-limited property tax exemptions on eligible treaty lands of a taxing treaty First Nation
- WESA amendments providing for electronic signatures and electronic wills
- amended Business Corporations Act requirements for extraprovincial companies' name reservations
- case law updated and dozens of relevant new BCCA and BCSC cases discussed
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Land Title Practice Manual for 35% off its regular price.