The efficient way to find key principles and cases in BC family law
This publication is essential for: all lawyers who need to understand and keep current on family law in BC
Current to: November 1, 2022
Need to know the current state of the law on an issue in your family law file? Turn to the Family Law Sourcebook for British Columbia first to get a complete understanding of the legal principles and leading case law on all of the issues you face in BC family law. For over 25 years, this is the trusted resource that the BC bench and bar keep at their finger tips.
With an online subscription to Family Law Sourcebook for British Columbia, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites
- easily find the current law on issues such as care of children, child support, property division, pension division, spousal support, adoption, and child protection
- quickly go to the leading cases so you can spend more time looking for specific decisions suited to your facts
- understand the relationship between specific issues in the BC family law context
Subscribe today and save time finding your way through BC family law! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2022 Update include:
- new case law on collusion, annulment, and addition of non-family law claims
- new section providing guidance and case law on tort claims in family law proceedings, including the torts of conspiracy and family violence
- updated discussion and case law on parenting issues, including status quo, the impacts of family violence, and relocation
- updated analysis and case law on child support issues such as children over the age of majority, retroactive orders (including retroactive variation), the determination and imputation of income, and cancellation of arrears
- new sections on bankruptcy and family property claims and bankruptcy and spousal support
- new discussion of non-placement adoptions
- updated discussion and case law on property division, including reapportionment, interim distributions, and unjust enrichment
- updated analysis and case law on spousal support issues, including determination of income, security, and "marriage-like relationships"
- updated discussion on protection orders given new procedures under the Family Law Act, Supreme Court Family Rules, and Provincial Court Family Rules
- new discussion and cases on evidence, including with respect to parenting coordinators, family justice counsellors, expert evidence, and unsworn evidence
- new case law on family law agreements (including unfairness, repudiation, and unenforceability), injunctive relief (including interim distributions and investigative receivers), discovery and financial disclosure, costs (including remedies under
s. 213 of the Family Law Act, departing from the "general rule," and offers to settle), and child protection
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Family Law Sourcebook for British Columbia for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Family Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor