The efficient way to find key principles and cases in BC family law
This publication is essential for: all lawyers who need to understand and keep current on family law in BC
Current to: October 15, 2021
Need to know the current state of the law on an issue in your family law file? Turn to the Family Law Sourcebook for British Columbia first to get a complete understanding of the legal principles and leading case law on all of the issues you face in BC family law. For over 25 years, this is the trusted resource that the BC bench and bar keep at their finger tips.
With an online subscription to Family Law Sourcebook for British Columbia, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites
- easily find the current law on issues such as care of children, child support, property division, pension division, spousal support, adoption, and child protection
- quickly go to the leading cases so you can spend more time looking for specific decisions suited to your facts
- understand the relationship between specific issues in the BC family law context
Subscribe today and save time finding your way through BC family law! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2021 Update include:
- discussion of the March 2021 amendments to the Divorce Act and resulting case law, including decisions under the amended relocation provisions
- new section providing guidance and case law on pleadings in family law proceedings
- new case law on parenting issues, including decision-making authority, views of the child, parenting schedules, and orders for therapeutic intervention
- updated discussion and case law on child support issues such as children over the age of majority, special and extraordinary expenses, retroactive orders, and the determination of income
- updated discussion on property division, including new commentary on tax issues, and new cases addressing tracing, closing costs for the sale of a family residence, pets as excluded property, and settlements/awards of damages, among other things
- updated analysis and case law on spousal support issues, including determination of income, lump sum support orders, material changes in circumstances, and "marriage-like relationships"
- new discussion and key cases on the role of parenting coordinators, and updated commentary and case law on dispute resolution processes in family law
- new case law on family law agreements, injunctive relief, disclosure procedure, and costs
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Family Law Sourcebook for British Columbia for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Family Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor