Your time-saving tool for drafting family law agreements
This publication is essential for: lawyers and mediators drafting family law agreements
Current to: December 1, 2022
Drafting family law agreements requires careful consideration and can be time-consuming, especially when you may not have a large collection of clauses to choose from. With Family Law Agreements—Annotated Precedents, you have access to carefully considered precedents of some of BC's most accomplished family law lawyers. To help you draft effective agreements, this tool gives you sample clauses, commentary explaining the law and best use of the clauses, and tax advisories throughout.
With an online subscription to Family Law Agreements: Annotated Precedents, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and build documents by selecting clauses, saving template documents, and downloading the documents for your file
- conveniently build a collection of family law clauses that are updated annually
- quickly access a wide-range of clauses to fit your client's situation
- understand the tax considerations when advising on specific arrangements for a family law agreement
Subscribe today to access your ready-made family law clause bank! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2023 Update include:
- tax advice, legislation, and case law updated to December 1, 2022
- updated language in sample clauses, including new and revised clauses dealing with negotiations leading up to an agreement, options to purchase the family residence, advance payments from sale proceeds, beneficial interests in trusts, and holiday parenting arrangements
- revised commentary throughout
- enhanced discussion regarding the use of shotgun clauses and indemnities in family law agreements
- addition of a Pension Division Checklist and Tip Sheet to assist counsel with the review and drafting of pension division clauses in family law agreements
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Family Law Agreements: Annotated Precedents for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Family Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
Thomas G. Anderson, QC — Barrister and & Solicitor (Retired), North Vancouver