Your guide to finding, choosing, and using an expert
This publication is essential for: all litigators who work with expert witnesses
Current to: July 1, 2018
Expert opinion plays a critical role in most civil cases—and litigators should know how to use experts to their full advantage. Expert Evidence in British Columbia Civil Proceedings will help you handle BC's distinctive expert evidence rules. Practical and portable, this guidebook offers analysis of case law and advice on tactics and tools so you can effectively select, brief, lead, and attack expert evidence. With the view from the bench, you can learn what makes a powerful expert opinion presentation in the eyes of a trial judge. Specialized topics also include expert evidence in mediations and before administrative tribunals.
With an online subscription to Expert Evidence in British Columbia Civil Proceedings, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- identify when and how to use expert opinions
- analyze how to lay the factual basis for an expert opinion
- present your expert evidence so it effectively supports your case
- better prepare your expert for the witness stand
Subscribe today and become an expert on expert evidence!
Highlights of the 2018 Update include:
- recent judicial commentary on the court's gatekeeper role
- consideration of jurisprudence since White Burgess
- analysis of rules for admissibility of expert evidence in light of the White Burgess criteria, and explicit rules regarding the expert's duty of impartiality
- discussion of the scope of an expert's opinion and correlating it with the expert's qualifications
- thorough re-write of the chapter on expert opinions and ethical responsibility issues
- discussion of requirements for pre-trial disclosure
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Expert Evidence in British Columbia Civil Proceedings for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
CLEBC Legal Editor
Beverley K. Leader