The smart way to start your business acquisition investigation
This publication is essential for: lawyers acting for purchasers or lenders in business acquisitions
Current to: June 1, 2021
As a lawyer acting for a purchaser in a business acquisition, the first question is: What searches should you conduct as part of your due diligence review? The Due Diligence Deskbook provides practical, BC-centric commentary on each type of search you need to perform including discussion of why and how to conduct the search, limits and legislation applicable to the search, precedent request letters, and information sheets containing comprehensive contact information to help you investigate systematically and efficiently.
With Due Diligence Deskbook, you will be able to:
- access detailed guidance for Bank of Canada, bankruptcy, corporate, tax, employment, environmental, land title, litigation, municipal, natural resource, personal property registry, provincial work order, securities, and specialty searches
- take advantage of over 45 search request correspondence templates
- look up addresses, phone numbers, fees, and delivery times for all your searches in one place
Buy today and search smarter! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2021 Update include:
- addition of new chapter on due diligence for water licences in BC
- updates to the Province's due diligence processes for contaminated site information and SWIS database searches
- updates to the procedure for Employment Standards Branch searches
- commentary on the "driver factor" system implemented by ICBC
- new information on Land Act and Crown Lands Registry due diligence and discussion on the Parcel Activity Notifier function
- updates to guidance on Canada Revenue Agency due diligence procedures
- new comprehensive precedent search letter to Technical Safety BC
- updates on due diligence processes for First Nations lands, including expanded information for treaty lands
- extensive updates to Information Sheets throughout the publication
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Business Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor