The smart way to start your business acquisition investigation
This publication is essential for: lawyers acting for purchasers or lenders in business acquisitions
Current to: June 1, 2023
As a lawyer acting for a purchaser in a business acquisition, the first question is: What searches should you conduct as part of your due diligence review? The Due Diligence Deskbook provides practical, BC-centric commentary on each type of search you need to perform including discussion of why and how to conduct the search, limits and legislation applicable to the search, precedent request letters, and information sheets containing comprehensive contact information to help you investigate systematically and efficiently.
With an online subscription to Due Diligence Deskbook, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance for a wide range of common and speciality searches at any time and from any location
- quickly search for relevant information, link directly to important legislation, case law, and websites and download over 45 search request correspondence templates
- look up addresses, phone numbers, fees, and delivery times for all your searches in one place
Subscribe today and search smarter! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2023 Update include:
- new discussion on meaning of "insolvent" and other nuances for insolvency records searches
- new commentary on Title Overlap Reports with respect to mineral title searches
- updated analysis on searches of First Nation lands, including commentary on the Framework Agreement on First Nation Land Management Act and new case law
- new analysis on temporary expanded service areas and permanent structural changes for liquor licences
- expansion of the speculation and vacancy tax to more municipalities
- commentary on the new permit application process for Project Environmental Review of water lots
- new online registry available for due diligence with respect to fisheries and oceans
- extensive updates to Information Sheets throughout the publication
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Due Diligence Deskbook for 35% off its regular price.