Legal support staff's step-by-step guide to conveyancing in BC
This publication is essential for: legal support staff that work with residential real estate conveyances
Current to: August 1, 2020
Conveyancing involves so many details that it is hard to keep track of all the tasks you need to complete. Conveyancing Deskbook offers you practical, step-by-step instructions for all tasks involved in transferring land in BC. With checklists for each step in the process, practice notes for acting for the purchaser and the lender, over 70 forms and precedents, and a glossary of common terms, this manual will guide you through a problem-free conveyance.
With an online subscription to Conveyancing Deskbook, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- understand the purpose and importance of each step in the conveyancing process
- confirm you haven't missed a step by consulting thorough checklists
- access a collection of conveyancing forms and precedents
Subscribe today and run your conveyancing files most effectively! View a sample from this book!
The 2020 Update of the Conveyancing Deskbook incorporates recent developments in law and practice, including:
- client identification and verification rules changes:
- additional information to be obtained with respect to organizational clients
- also additional information regarding source of funds for a "financial transaction"
- changes to lawyers' standard undertakings to permit funds transfers by electronic means
- corresponding changes to precedent letter from purchaser's lawyer to vendor's lawyer enclosing purchase proceeds
- due diligence:
- forthcoming changes to contaminated sites profile process effective February 1, 2021
- new Riparian Areas Protection Regulation effective November 1, 2019 as new means to maintain stream health and productivity
- BC Financial Services Authority replacing Financial Institutions Commission, effective November 1, 2019
- 2020 beginning of transition from EFS to Web Filing
- new LTSA electronic filing directions
- remote witnessing of affidavits during COVID-19
- new property transfer tax form requiring information on "relevant trusts" and "relevant corporations"
- mandatory use of Web Filing for property transfer tax return: Fall 2020
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Conveyancing Deskbook for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Real Estate resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn