The only full set of civil jury instructions in Canada
This publication is essential for: Canadian trial judges and litigators working with civil juries
Current to: December 1, 2021
Jury trials involve an immense amount of work, especially when it comes to researching and writing charges. With approximately 100 standard, plain language instructions on jury trial procedure, evidence, torts, defences, and damages, Civil Jury Instructions does the heavy lifting for you. User notes and annotations to the instructions alert you to the relevant legal authorities, provide warnings, and offer alternative language. Checklists, sample questions, and a user guide help you effectively prepare for your jury trial.
With an online subscription to Civil Jury Instructions, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- understand the specific evidence required to prove a particular action or defence
- save time researching, drafting, and updating your collection of civil jury instructions
- effectively prepare for trial
Subscribe today and communicate clearly to civil juries! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2022 Update include:
BCCA caution about commenting on evidence during opening remarks to jury
BCCA on measurement and application of real and substantial possibilities in assessing damages
Saskatchewan CA on the dangers of character evidence in a civil jury trial
- all jury instructions revised to be gender-inclusive
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Civil Jury Instructions for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn