The bench and bar's indispensable guide to criminal jury trial preparation
This book is essential for: Judges and lawyers preparing for criminal jury trial instructions
Current to: September 15, 2022
You know how much work is involved in a criminal jury trial—research, case law analysis, the elements of the charge. Canadian Criminal Jury Instructions (CRIMJI) puts all of the legal research that goes into preparing a jury instruction to work for you. Guided by a cross-Canada editorial board, this authoritative resource provides you with over 150 model instructions on trial procedures, evidence, and major offences and defences. Each instruction gives you an outline of key components of the instruction, discusses relevant case law, and highlights alternatives and notes of caution.
With an online subscription to CRIMJI, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, websites, and download precedents
- save time drafting criminal jury instructions
- confidently suggest amendments or additions to a jury instruction
- understand the evidentiary foundation of a particular crime or defence
- explain evidence and law relevant to your case in plain language understandable to a jury
Subscribe today and be confident in preparing for your jury trial! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2022 Update include:
- case law, legislation, and commentary brought current to September 15, 2022
- revisions and/or new or revised User Notes added to 25 CRIMJI Instruction chapters to reflect recent changes to the law and further refine the Instructions, and further explain or include commentary regarding the elements of the Instructions. Notable revisions include those to 6.34A (Operating a Conveyance Causing Death/Bodily Harm While "80 or Over"/"Drug per se Limit or Over"/Combined Alcohol and Drug Limit or Over (ss. 320.14(1)(b) to (d), 320.14(2) to (3), 320.2, 320.21); and 6.66 (Sexual Assault)
- updated gender-neutral language incorporated into all revised chapters, including charges and annotations, as well as all chapters 1 through 71, regardless of other substantive revisions
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Canadian Criminal Jury Instructions for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
CLEBC Legal Editor