A lawyer's day-to-day guide to conveyancing
This publication is essential for: lawyers looking for guidance on practice and procedure issues arising from conveyancing in BC
Current to: April 1, 2023
Although an efficient conveyancing practice may involve delegation to support staff, lawyers are ultimately responsible for ensuring a conveyance is properly managed and advice is sound. In addition to complete coverage of the necessary stages of a conveyance, British Columbia Real Estate Practice Manual guides you through practice issues you are most likely to confront that require your expertise, including discussion of real estate licensee regulation, tax considerations for both buyers and sellers, undertakings, and collapsing deals. Mainly focused on residential property, this resource also provides a summary of considerations in commercial conveyances.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- quickly spot and avoid common conveyancing practice errors and mistakes
- refer to statutes and cases to start your investigation of any substantive law issues that arise
- access over 125 conveyancing forms and precedents to save you time
Buy today and be confident in your conveyances! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2023 Update include:
- federal Underused Housing Tax
- federal prohibition on the purchase/assignment of residential property by/to non-Canadians
- 2022 negligence cases at BCCA and BCSC found in favour of lawyers
- real estate teams (licensees) registration
- home buyer rescission period
- March 2023 amendment of Superintendent of Real Estate policy statements
- updated information on strata lot rentals and age restrictions
- new tax rules on sales of "flipped properties"
- tax treatment of first home savings account
- 2022 BCCA case on availability of specific performance and abatement of purchase price as remedies for collapsed deal
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Real Estate resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn