Your guide to real estate development law, practice, and procedure
This publication is essential for: lawyers advising or representing developers or municipalities in real estate development matters
Current to: December 1, 2022
To effectively serve developer and municipal clients, you need a strong command of the legal principles as well as an understanding of the real estate development process. With the British Columbia Real Estate Development Practice Manual, you have a concise guide to each phase of the development process, from land acquisition to financing and marketing the project, with discussion of the unique planning and regulatory environment in the City of Vancouver, and considerations for development on First Nations lands.
With an online subscription to British Columbia Real Estate Development Practice Manual, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- understand the real estate development process in the context of current legal developments to effectively serve your clients
- save time searching for Vancouver-specific real estate development procedures and regulations
- quickly access a collection of over 70 real estate development forms and precedents
Subscribe today and take your real estate development practice to the next level! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2023 Update include:
- Stage 14 amendments to Contaminated Sites Regulation
- subdivision approving officer liability (BCCA, BCSC)
- Vancouver rental only zones
- constructive taking of private property in public interest (SCC)
- statutory interpretation of permitted use (BCCA)
- city officials' discretion in zoning matters (BCCA)
- updated Vancouver green buildings policy for rezonings
- no lobbying before scheduled public hearing (BCCA)
- Vancouver latecomer charges
- grants for non-profits' SRA upgrades in Vancouver
- city's good faith providing info to subdivision approving officer (BCCA)
- revamped construction contracts chapter
- Policy Statement 17 early marketing extension periods made permanent
- strata rental restrictions removed, Policy Statements 1 and 2 amended re Rental Disclosure Statement
- shíshálh Nation Self-Government Act, possible shíshálh Lands Register, proposed FN National Land Registry
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Real Estate Development Practice Manual for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Real Estate resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn