Your guide to real estate development law, practice, and procedure
This publication is essential for: lawyers advising or representing developers or municipalities in real estate development matters
Current to: January 1, 2021
To effectively serve developer and municipal clients, you need a strong command of the legal principles as well as an understanding of the real estate development process. With the British Columbia Real Estate Development Practice Manual, you have a concise guide to each phase of the development process, from land acquisition to financing and marketing the project, with discussion of the unique planning and regulatory environment in the City of Vancouver, and considerations for development on First Nations lands.
With an online subscription to British Columbia Real Estate Development Practice Manual, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- understand the real estate development process in the context of current legal developments to effectively serve your clients
- save time searching for Vancouver-specific real estate development procedures and regulations
- quickly access a collection of over 70 real estate development forms and precedents
Subscribe today and take your real estate development practice to the next level! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2021 Update include:
- foreign buyers tax exemption for certain general partners
- Land Owner Transparency Registry and LOTA requirements
- Wastech, M. Callow: good faith duty implications for contract termination, honest contractual performance, conditions precedent (2020, 2021) (SCC)
- amendments to contaminated site legislation, replacement of site profile with site disclosure statement
- temporary extension of early marketing periods in response to COVID-19 pandemic
- Vavilov: standard of judicial review for approving officer and council decisions (2019) (SCC)
- legislative changes to agricultural land reserve regime
- amendments to heritage preservation legislation
- amendments to riparian protection legislation
- enforceability of positive covenants that run with the land (2020) (SCC)
- power of local governments to restrict users versus use of land through zoning (2020) (BCCA)
- recent BCCA decisions on attacking City of Vancouver bylaws and resolutions
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Real Estate Development Practice Manual for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Real Estate resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn