Manage your probate and estate matters with confidence
This publication is essential for: practitioners who do estate administration or estate litigation work
Current to: March 1, 2020
If you work in estate administration, you know there is a high potential for error. Reduce the risk with British Columbia Probate & Estate Practice Manual, which takes you step-by-step through handling probate and estate matters in BC. This longstanding manual is the answer to all your probate and estate administration questions, from initial contact with a personal representative to post-grant issues. This manual also covers difficult tax and conflict of laws issues, as well as potential areas for estate litigation.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- confidently advise personal representatives on how to successfully administer an estate
- prepare for and make probate and estate administration applications
- better avoid and handle contentious areas during the estate administration process
Buy now and master estate planning and administration! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2020 Update include the following:
- all chapters, forms and precedents, checklists, and other features of the manual have been brought current to March 1, 2020
- extensive coverage of recent amendments to the Supreme Court Civil Rules and the Wills, Estates and Succession Act (including new probate forms!)
- coverage of other new developments, including:
- the Land Owner Transparency Act and the beneficial ownership registry,
- amendments to the Law Society of BC’s client identification and verification rules, and
- LTSA web filing
- several new or expanded topics including, but not limited to, gifting the right of survivorship, applying for a grant of probate or administration with will annexed where there are multiple applicants, estate matters that may arise in relation to the Land Owner Transparency Act, valuation of resulting trusts, and using ss. 158 and 159 of the Wills, Estates and Succession Act to remove and replace an executor
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor