Create effective estate plans that fulfill your clients' wealth preservation goals
This publication is essential for: practitioners looking for estate planning guidance, including tax advice and sample trusts, to address a diverse range of client needs
Current to: April 1, 2021
The legal profession is experiencing the largest intergenerational transfer of wealth in history. BC Estate Planning & Wealth Preservation is your comprehensive guide to effective estate planning techniques for complicated portfolios. Focused on tax-based planning in BC, this manual is designed to accompany Wills and Personal Planning Precedents: An Annotated Guide by providing commentary and annotated forms to equip you to create trusts and other wealth preservation tools to complement your client's will.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- determine a sensible approach for your clients' estate planning needs
- create practical estate plans to preserve your clients' and their families' wealth
- confidently handle a wide range of client estate portfolios and assets
View a sample from this book!
The 2021 Update to the British Columbia Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation includes:
- cases, legislation, and commentary now current to April 1, 2021, unless otherwise noted
- information and commentary from recent tax conferences and roundtables
- developments regarding the constitutionality of s. 60 of the Wills, Estates and Succession Act
- new discussion of beneficiary designations and the presumption of a resulting trust
- changes to legislation on medical assistance in dying
- updates regarding the B.C. Financial Services Authority's position on charitable donation of life insurance policies
- new commentary regarding the Land Owner Transparency Act and register
- addition of recent noteworthy cases, including Stadler v. Director, St Boniface/St Vital, regarding benefits for persons with disabilities; Waslenchuk Estate, regarding multi-jurisdictional wills; S.M.C. v. C.B., Quiring v. Quiring, and Williamson v. Williamson, all regarding trust assets and family law litigation; and various decisions on issues of incapacity
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Wills, Estates, and Trusts resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor