Create effective estate plans that fulfill your clients' wealth preservation goals
This publication is essential for: practitioners looking for estate planning guidance, including tax advice and sample trusts, to address a diverse range of client needs
Current to: March 1, 2022
The legal profession is experiencing the largest intergenerational transfer of wealth in history. BC Estate Planning & Wealth Preservation is your comprehensive guide to effective estate planning techniques for complicated portfolios. Focused on tax-based planning in BC, this manual is designed to accompany Wills and Personal Planning Precedents: An Annotated Guide by providing commentary and annotated forms to equip you to create trusts and other wealth preservation tools to complement your client's will.
With an online subscription to BC Estate Planning & Wealth Preservation, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, websites, and download precedents
- determine a sensible approach for your clients' estate planning needs
- create practical estate plans to preserve your clients' and their families' wealth
- confidently handle a wide range of client estate portfolios and assets
View a sample from this book!
British Columbia Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation was first published in January 2002. The 2022 Update reflects new case law, legislation, and practice.
Highlights of the 2022 Update include the following:
- cases, legislation and commentary now current to March 1, 2022, unless otherwise noted
- inclusion of information and commentary from recent tax conferences and roundtables
- discussion of s. 841.1 of the Income Tax Act and Bill C-208 with respect to Family Farm and Fishing Corporation Transfers and Reorganizations with Siblings
- new summary and reference tables regarding estate freezes under ss. 85, 86 and 51 of the Income Tax Act
- substantially revised chapter on planned charitable giving with a focus on donation planning
- updated forms and precedents, including revised Bare Trust Agreements for use in inter vivos trust planning, joint tenancies, and personal use real estate matters; and addition of recent noteworthy cases, including Simard v. Simard Estate and Chichak v. Chichak (resulting trusts), Mother 1 v. Solus Trust Company Limited (determination of spouse or common law partner), Jung v. Poole (moral duty owed to a child), Di Giacomo v. Di Giacomo and Turner v. Milne (determining a transferor’s intent), Garland v. Newhouse, (presumption against right of survivorship), Lashman v. Spencer and Gadhri v. Dhanoa (severing joint tenancy), and others
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Wills, Estates, and Trusts resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
Jennifer E. Thorne