Create effective estate plans that fulfill your clients' wealth preservation goals
This publication is essential for: practitioners looking for estate planning guidance, including tax advice and sample trusts, to address a diverse range of client needs
Current to: February 15, 2023
The legal profession is experiencing the largest intergenerational transfer of wealth in history. BC Estate Planning & Wealth Preservation is your comprehensive guide to effective estate planning techniques for complicated portfolios. Focused on tax-based planning in BC, this manual is designed to accompany Wills and Personal Planning Precedents: An Annotated Guide by providing commentary and annotated forms to equip you to create trusts and other wealth preservation tools to complement your client's will.
With an online subscription to BC Estate Planning & Wealth Preservation, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, websites, and download precedents
- determine a sensible approach for your clients' estate planning needs
- create practical estate plans to preserve your clients' and their families' wealth
- confidently handle a wide range of client estate portfolios and assets
View a sample from this book!
British Columbia Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation was first published in January 2002. The 2023 Update reflects new case law, legislation, and practice.
Highlights of the 2023 Update include the following:
- cases, legislation and commentary now current to February 15, 2023, unless otherwise noted
- inclusion of information and commentary from recent tax conferences and roundtables
- up-to-date discussion of the proposed legislative amendments dealing with reportable and notifiable transactions, and the potential impact of those amendments on tax and trust planning practices by estate professionals
- summary of the new provisions of the Income Tax Act relating to the disposition of personal use property and the availability of the capital gains exemption
- revised discussion of specific realty taxes related to foreign buyers, speculation and vacancy, and underused housing
- updated procedure for remote electronic witnessing of document signing under the Power of Attorney Act and Representation Agreement Act
- revised forms and precedents
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Wills, Estates, and Trusts resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
Jennifer E. Thorne