Create effective estate plans that fulfill your clients' wealth preservation goals
This publication is essential for: practitioners looking for estate planning guidance, including tax advice and sample trusts, to address a diverse range of client needs
Current to: February 1, 2020
The legal profession is experiencing the largest intergenerational transfer of wealth in history. BC Estate Planning & Wealth Preservation is your comprehensive guide to effective estate planning techniques for complicated portfolios. Focused on tax-based planning in BC, this manual is designed to accompany Wills and Personal Planning Precedents: An Annotated Guide by providing commentary and annotated forms to equip you to create trusts and other wealth preservation tools to complement your client's will.
With an online subscription to BC Estate Planning & Wealth Preservation, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, websites, and download precedents
- determine a sensible approach for your clients' estate planning needs
- create practical estate plans to preserve your clients' and their families' wealth
- confidently handle a wide range of client estate portfolios and assets
View a sample from this book!
The 2020 Update to the British Columbia Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation includes:
- cases, legislation, and commentary now current to February 1, 2020, unless otherwise noted
- inclusion of, and commentary regarding, late-breaking amendments from the 2020 Provincial Budget
- expanded guidance on the complex "tax on split income" provisions
- development of new sections regarding hybrid policies for life insurance and newly-introduced RRSP annuities for income tax purposes
- addition of noteworthy cases from the previous year, including, among others, Smet v. Smet (the "l’Elvis français" case) and Marley v. Salga (where a will was found to have the effect of severing a joint tenancy)
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Wills, Estates, and Trusts resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor