Why go to court alone? Take your mentor with you!
This publication is essential for: litigators looking for a handy trial procedure resource in court or at the office
Current to: July 1, 2021
From your first client meeting, every step you take in a file could become part of your trial preparation. British Columbia Civil Trial Handbook (6th ed.) is your guide to preparing a case that will be litigated in the BC Supreme Court. You have access to succinct explanations and techniques of leading advocates on pleading your case, managing pre-trial procedures, preparing your evidence and challenging others', and conducting the trial before a judge or a jury. Checklists of considerations for each stage of trial preparation and sample trial documents are designed to help you with trial management.
With an online subscription to British Columbia Civil Trial Handbook, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites, and download precedents
- access the knowledge of seasoned advocates for each step of litigation, from the client retainer to obtaining costs
- get organized for trial with a sample trial brief, litigation budget, and trial preparation checklist
- quickly search for support with evidence, witnesses, and objections while in the courtroom
Subscribe today and be well prepared for any stage of litigation! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 6th edition include:
- all chapters, forms and precedents, and other features of the manual have been brought current to July 1, 2021
- new chapter 6 (Disposition of the Case Before Trial) and significant revisions to chapter 7 (Preparing Documentary Evidence in a Civil Case), and chapter 12 (Objections at Trial)
- new and expanded discussion regarding, among others, the following:
- modified court procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic
- considerations for drafting third party pleadings
- preparation for trial management conferences
- use of document management programs (DMPs)
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of British Columbia Civil Trial Handbook for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
* For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor