Annual Review of Law & Practice - 2023 - Print
Publications - Print
Quick access to the year's most important legal developments
This book is essential for: anyone who wants to update their knowledge of BC law
Current to: January 1, 2023
Highlights from the 2023 edition of Annual Review of Law & Practice include:
- a discussion of Thomas and Saik’uz First Nation v. Rio Tinto Alcan Inc., 2022 BCSC 15 and 2022 BCCA 415 (Chambers), where the court affirmed that Aboriginal rights can be a basis for a claim of common law tort of nuisance (chapter 1 (Aboriginal Law))
- details on the impacts of Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine in Canada (chapters 24 (International Law) and 32 (Practice—Professional Responsibility))
- confirmation by the Supreme Court of Canada that in light of a child's best interests, there is no presumption in favour of biology when two prospective custodial parents are otherwise equal (J.T. v. J.D., 2022 SCC 24, featured in chapter 17 (Family Law))
- requests for site blocking orders by telecommunications giants in the Federal Court in relation to the FIFA World Cup and live NHL games in Canada (chapter 21 (Intellectual Property Law—Copyright))
- sections on amendments to the Strata Property Act, S.B.C. 1998, c. 43 that prohibit the banning of rentals of strata lots and certain age restrictions in strata corporations
Buy your copy and stay ahead today! View a sample from this book!
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.