All the family law legislation you need in one place
This publication is essential for: all family law lawyers who need quick access to family law legislation in the office or on the go
Current to: February 1, 2022
In the fast pace of family law, you need quick access to case law and legislation frequently. Annotated Family Practice is your invaluable and portable compilation of all core BC family law statutes, rules, regulations, guidelines, and practice directions. Leading family law lawyers have selected and prepared succinct summaries of significant cases you need to know about under key legislation, such as the Child Support Guidelines, the Family Law Act, and the Child, Family and Community Service Act.
With an online subscription to Annotated Family Practice, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, and link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites
- access the language of the key Acts, Rules, and Regulations that govern a family law matter
- quickly identify leading cases under specific sections of legislation
- find the Child Support Guidelines table amount of support easily
- look at key sections of the Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines
Subscribe to this portable family law library today! Read a sample from the book.
Highlights of the 2022 Update include:
The 2022–2023 edition of Annotated Family Practice is current to February 1, 2022. The book has been reorganized into two volumes to include additional relevant materials for family practice in British Columbia, to place the most commonly-used family law legislation together, and to return it to the smaller page size. Volume 1 consists of:
- the Child Support Guidelines, annotated with important decisions
- the Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines (re-added as requested by readers)
- the Divorce Act and new Notice of Relocation Regulations
- the Family Law Act, with summaries of important decisions, and both the Family Law Act Regulation and Division of Pensions Regulation
- the Supreme Court Family Rules, Provincial Court Family Rules, and Court of Appeal Rules
- relevant Supreme Court Practice Directions, including new Supreme Court Civil Practice Direction PD-60—Form of Address
Volume 2 includes:
- An Act respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis children, youth and families, now annotated with important decisions
- the Child, Family and Community Service Act and Regulation, and the Provincial Court (Child, Family and Community Service Act) Rules, all annotated as well
- the Family Maintenance Enforcement Act and Interjurisdictional Support Orders Act, together with their regulations
- other essential statutes and regulations affecting family practice in British Columbia, such as the Adoption Act and Notice to Mediate (Family) Regulation, and excerpts from the Evidence Act and federal Income Tax Act
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Annotated Family Practice for 35% off its regular price.
CLEBC Legal Editor