Your portable estates law library
This publication is essential for: all wills and estates practitioners looking for a handy reference, particularly in court or when away from the office
Current to: January 15, 2020
Annotated Estates Practice is your indispensable compilation of BC wills and estates statutes, rules, and regulations. Designed for portability, this resource is convenient for use both at the office and in court. It is annually updated by experienced estates lawyers who annotate key statutes as well as the relevant Supreme Court Civil Rules with summaries of important decisions. Also included are former statutes and a table of concordance from the former statutes for ease of use.
With an online subscription to Annotated Estates Practice, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, and link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites
- easily access core materials for your wills and estates practice in one place
- efficiently begin the search for answers to your wills and estates question
- easily understand the courts' interpretation of specific sections of key statutes and rules
Subscribe today. View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2020 Update include:
- legislation now current to January 15, 2020
- new annotations and commentary regarding, among others, the following:
- who is a "spouse" under the Wills, Estates and Succession Act?
- what standard is a trustee held to when investing trust property?
- when does a person who is not legally divorced have the legal capacity to enter into a common-law marriage?
- does an executor face personal cost consequences where a disputed will is found to be invalid?
- what constitutes termination of a relationship for unmarried spouses?
- when will animosity amongst trustees be a basis for the removal of a trustee?
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Annotated Estates Practice for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
CLEBC Legal Editor