Your portable estates law library
This publication is essential for: all wills and estates practitioners looking for a handy reference, particularly in court or when away from the office
Current to: January 15, 2021
Annotated Estates Practice is your indispensable compilation of BC wills and estates statutes, rules, and regulations. Designed for portability, this resource is convenient for use both at the office and in court. It is annually updated by experienced estates lawyers who annotate key statutes as well as the relevant Supreme Court Civil Rules with summaries of important decisions. Also included are former statutes and a table of concordance from the former statutes for ease of use.
With an online subscription to Annotated Estates Practice, your firm will be able to:
- conveniently access detailed guidance at any time and from any location, search for relevant information, and link directly to significant legislation, case law, and websites
- easily access core materials for your wills and estates practice in one place
- efficiently begin the search for answers to your wills and estates question
- easily understand the courts' interpretation of specific sections of key statutes and rules
Subscribe today. View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2021 Update include:
- all legislation now current to January 15, 2021
- new annotations and commentary regarding, among others, the following:
- what factors will the court consider when determining whether parties were living together in a marriage-like relationship for the purposes of the WESA?
- is a pour-over clause to an amendable or revocable trust valid in British Columbia?
- can the court exercise its power under s. 58 of the WESA to find a suicide note to be effective as a will?
- is a trustee de son tort sufficient to trigger the court's jurisdiction to appoint a new trustee under s. 31 of the Trustee Act?
- what is the proper procedure for seeking relief when opposing a representation grant?
Annual subscription rates are based on firm size. A monthly payment option is available.
Online subscribers can purchase a print copy of Annotated Estates Practice for 35% off its regular price.
|2 to 4
|5 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 39
|40 to 69
*For non-law firm pricing, please contact CLEBC Customer Service.
Discover all of our Wills, Estates, and Trusts resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor