Your mentor for providing basic business law advice
This publication is essential for: lawyers who provide advice to BC private companies on business law
Current to: October 1, 2022
Advising businesses requires broad legal knowledge of everything from financing and tax to real estate and environmental law. Organized by topic, Advising British Columbia Businesses covers common legal issues that emerge during the life cycle of a business so you can help clients select appropriate business structures and advise them on the array of challenges they will encounter. Full of the type of information that good mentors pass on to their associates, this guide emphasizes "how to" and practical tips. Focused on BC Business Corporations Act private companies, this resource also explores societies, partnerships, and other kinds of businesses.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- handle a diverse range of business law questions and client needs
- recognize potential risks and problems with your clients' situations early on
- determine when you need more specialized advice regarding a specific topic
Buy today and be assured of your ability to advise business law clients! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2022 Update include:
- case law and discussion updated to October 1, 2022
- discussion of the implementation of the Land Owner Transparency Register and Land Owner Transparency Act
- a new table outlining under applicable requirements for business transactions under the Investment Canada Act
- discussion of the impact of updates to the Competition Act with respect to mandatory notification requirements
- updated discussion of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the conduct of business in British Columbia
- added discussion regarding amendments to the contaminated site identification process under the Environmental Management Act and the Contaminated Sites Regulation
- changes to the Arbitration Act and their impact on the process of resolving business disputes
- updates on the British Columbia insurance market
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Business Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor