Employment Standards in British Columbia: Annotated Legislation and Commentary - Print
Publications - Print
Speedy, reliable answers to employment standards issues in BC
This publication is essential for: lawyers, employers, and other labour and employment advisors
Current to: June 1, 2022
Employment law issues arise often in your clients' workplace and even in your own. Employment Standards in British Columbia offers you succinct commentary and case annotations to accompany the full text of the Employment Standards Act and Employment Standards Regulation. This resource brings the ever-expanding body of employment standards tribunal and court decisions under control. Annually updated, seasoned practitioners judiciously select and summarize only the most significant new decisions for your review.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- easily find the general principles and leading cases relating to any particular section of the Act
- competently advise your clients as to their employment standards rights or employers' best practices
- keep current with any significant changes or developments in employment standards law
Buy today and be current on Employment Standards obligations! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2022 Update include:
- all legislation and annotations brought current to June 1, 2022
- coverage of recent amendments to the Employment Standards Act and Regulation, including:
- the hiring of children under 16 years of age
- prescribed types of work falling under "light work" for employees under 16 years of age
- increases to minimum hourly wages
- new annotations covering, among others, the following topic: how directors employing flexibility in assisting parties in reaching resolution is consistent with maintaining open communication and the general purposes of the Act
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
CLEBC Legal Editor