Your portable estates law library
This publication is essential for: all wills and estates practitioners looking for a handy reference, particularly in court or when away from the office
Current to: January 15, 2022
Annotated Estates Practice is your indispensable compilation of BC wills and estates statutes, rules, and regulations. Designed for portability, this resource is convenient for use both at the office and in court. It is annually updated by experienced estates lawyers who annotate key statutes as well as the relevant Supreme Court Civil Rules with summaries of important decisions. Also included are former statutes and a table of concordance from the former statutes for ease of use.
With Annotated Estates Practice, you will be able to:
- easily access core materials for your wills and estates practice in one place
- efficiently begin the search for answers to your wills and estates question
- easily understand the courts' interpretation of specific sections of key statutes and rules
View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2022 Update include:
- all legislation now current to January 15, 2022, including recent amendments to:
- the Wills, Estates and Succession Act, recognizing electronic wills
- the Supreme Court Civil Rules, dealing with probate and administration
- the Financial Institutions Act, concerning applications for business authorization and business authorization for extraprovincial trust and insurance corporations and credit unions
- new annotations and commentary regarding, among others, the following:
- whether a draft will that had not been executed during the COVID-19 pandemic could be considered a valid will
- the specific requirements for commencing proceedings under s. 151 of WESA
- the shifting burden of proof for fraudulent intent
- circumstances where a fiduciary can be disgorged of profits obtained through breaching their fiduciary obligations
- whether trustees can invest property in their personal name (where the investment is to benefit the trust)
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Wills, Estates, and Trusts resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor