Due Diligence Deskbook - Print
Publications - Print
The smart way to start your business acquisition investigation
This publication is essential for: lawyers acting for purchasers or lenders in business acquisitions
Current to: July 1, 2019
As a lawyer acting for a purchaser in a business acquisition, the first question is: What searches should you conduct as part of your due diligence review? The Due Diligence Deskbook provides practical, BC-centric commentary on each type of search you need to perform including discussion of why and how to conduct the search, limits and legislation applicable to the search, precedent request letters, and information sheets containing comprehensive contact information to help you investigate systematically and efficiently.
With Due Diligence Deskbook, you will be able to:
- access detailed guidance for Bank of Canada, bankruptcy, corporate, tax, employment , environmental, land title, litigation, municipal, natural resource, personal property registry, provincial work order, securities, and specialty searches
- take advantage of over 45 search request correspondence templates
- look up addresses, phone numbers, fees, and delivery times for all your searches in one place
Buy today and search smarter! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 Update include:
- introduction to new land owner transparency register and new significant individual transparency register
- overview of significant amendments to the Fisheries Act
- extensive updates to Information Sheets throughout the text
- overview of new provincial Speculation and Vacancy Tax
- extended trade-mark protections, trade-mark registration renewal timelines, and the registration of novel designs under the Industrial Design Act
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor