All the family law legislation you need in one place
This publication is essential for: all family law lawyers who need quick access to family law legislation in the office or on the go
Current to: March 15, 2020
In the fast pace of family law, you need quick access to case law and legislation frequently. Annotated Family Practice is your invaluable and portable compilation of all core BC family law statutes, rules, regulations, guidelines, and practice directions. Leading family law lawyers have selected and prepared succinct summaries of significant cases you need to know about under key legislation, such as the Child Support Guidelines, the Family Law Act, and the Child, Family and Community Service Act.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- access the language of the key Acts, Rules, and Regulations that govern a family law matter
- quickly identify leading cases under specific sections of legislation
- find the Child Support Guidelines table amount of support easily
- easily refer to key sections of the Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines
Buy this portable family law library today!
Highlights of the 2020 Update include:
- consolidation of the Divorce Act with the amendments coming into force on July 1, 2020
- new case summaries under the Child Support Guidelines, the Family Law Act, and the Child, Family and Community Service Act
- amendments to the Family Law Act (not yet in force) related to arbitration
- inclusion of An Act respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis children, youth and families, C. 2019, c. 24
- removal of excerpts of the Spousal Support Guidelines with a recommendation to refer to the online user guide
- inclusion of the Early Resolution and Case Management Model under the Provincial Court (Family) Rules
- amendments to Acts, Rules, Regulations, and Practice Directives throughout
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Family Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor