Your time-saving tool for drafting family law agreements
This publication is essential for: lawyers and mediators drafting family law agreements
Current to: December 1, 2021
Drafting family law agreements requires careful consideration and can be time-consuming, especially when you may not have a large collection of clauses to choose from. With Family Law Agreements: Annotated Precedents, you have access to carefully considered precedents of some of BC's most accomplished family law lawyers. To help you draft effective agreements, this tool gives you sample clauses, commentary explaining the law and best use of the clauses, and tax advisories throughout.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- conveniently build a collection of family law clauses that are updated annually
- quickly access a wide range of clauses to fit your client's situation
- understand the tax considerations when advising on specific arrangements for a family law agreement
Buy today to access your ready-made family law clause bank! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2022 Update include:
- tax advice, legislation, and case law updated to December 1, 2021
- revisions as a result of the implementation of changes to the Divorce Act in 2021, particularly as they pertain to parenting time and decision-making responsibility
- updated language in sample clauses, including revised clauses dealing with, among other things, choice of legislation in care of children, methods of payment of child and spousal support, waivers of spousal support, and gifts between parties to marriage and cohabitation agreements
- revised commentary throughout
- enhanced discussion regarding the use of minutes of settlement in family law proceedings, including the advantages and disadvantages inherent in such practice
- updated terminology and drafting considerations for child and spousal support clauses
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Family Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor