Your A to Z guide to family law practice and procedure
This publication is essential for: lawyers who need to understand family law practice and procedure
Current to: February 15, 2021
There are many decisions to make about how to proceed in a family law file—which Act applies, should you mediate or start an action, and which court should you proceed in? Let the British Columbia Family Practice Manual be your guide to the choices to make, the steps to follow in a process, the time limits that govern, and the forms you need to complete. With analysis of case law on procedural issues as well as specialized chapters on Indigenous family law issues, adoption, and child protection, this manual provides you with the direction you need to confidently advise and manage your family law clients' issues.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- smoothly navigate family law processes such as settlement, obtaining interim relief, trial and trial alternatives, obtaining costs, drafting and enforcing orders, and appeals
- save time drafting court documents by accessing over 200 family law forms and precedents
- effectively maintain your family law files by using file management checklists
Buy today and have the support you need to run your family law practice! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2021 Update include:
- discussion of significant revisions to the Divorce Act that came into effect on March 1, 2021
- new commentary and updates pertaining to the repeal of the Provincial Court (Family) Rules and coming-in-force of the new Provincial Court Family Rules, effective May 17, 2021, with significantly different procedures
- updates to the sample Parenting Coordinator Agreement
- discussion of noteworthy decisions over the past year
- updates regarding new processes and statutory provisions
- updated forms relevant to family practice including Supreme Court Family Rules forms amended in conjunction with the Divorce Act and new Provincial Court Family Rules forms
|Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Family Law resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor