BC Strata Property Practice Manual
Publications - Print + Online
From the ground floor up
This publication is essential for: Lawyers acting for parties involved in strata matters, such as strata corporations, strata lot owners, strata managers, owner developers, and local government.
Current to: March 1, 2015
With our province continuing to undergo a high level of new strata construction and conversions, and with significant legislative amendments now in force as well as an active litigation environment, the British Columbia Strata Property Practice Manual is an essential practice tool for solicitors and litigators working in the field of strata property. The book is a winner of the ACLEA Award for Professional Excellence in Publications!
Subscriptions include forms, precedents, and checklists on CD-ROM, and online access with search capability and links to the full text of case law and legislation.
NEW! ONLINE ONLY annual subscriptions are now available. Click here to subscribe.
Highlights of the 2015 update
- new chapter on sections within a strata development
- new sample budgets for a strata corporation with sections
- sample notice to strata corporation of a landlord’s assignment of rights to a tenant under a long-term lease
- new and updated information on:
- legislative amendments regarding applications for court-ordered special levy where majority vote insufficient to meet 3/4 vote requirement
- legislative amendments regarding the vote required to fund a depreciation report
- phase disclosure statements
- case law on court imposition of special levies for legal expenses and administrator costs and to fund depreciation report
- decisions on strata council’s obligations to enforce bylaws
- decisions on “terminal remedy of sale” of a strata lot by court order
- case law on effectiveness of rental restriction bylaw to prevent use of strata lots for hotel-type accommodation
- new Human Rights Tribunal decisions with respect to strata corporations
- bylaw authorization of electronic key fob data collection
- practice tips on winding up a strata corporation
- exemption from property transfer tax of transfer to liquidator
- and much more