Legal support staff's step-by-step guide to conveyancing in BC
This publication is essential for: legal support staff that work with residential real estate conveyances
Current to: August 1, 2020
Conveyancing involves so many details that it is hard to keep track of all the tasks you need to complete. Conveyancing Deskbook offers you practical, step-by-step instructions for all tasks involved in transferring land in BC. With checklists for each step in the process, practice notes for acting for the purchaser and the lender, over 70 forms and precedents, and a glossary of common terms, this manual will guide you through a problem-free conveyance.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the purpose and importance of each step in the conveyancing process
- confirm you haven't missed a step by consulting thorough checklists
- access a collection of conveyancing forms and precedents
Buy today and run your conveyancing files most effectively! View a sample from this book!
The 2020 Update of the Conveyancing Deskbook incorporates recent developments in law and practice, including:
- client identification and verification rules changes:
- additional information to be obtained with respect to organizational clients
- also additional information regarding source of funds for a "financial transaction"
- changes to lawyers' standard undertakings to permit funds transfers by electronic means
- corresponding changes to precedent letter from purchaser's lawyer to vendor's lawyer enclosing purchase proceeds
- due diligence:
- forthcoming changes to contaminated sites profile process effective February 1, 2021
- new Riparian Areas Protection Regulation effective November 1, 2019 as new means to maintain stream health and productivity
- BC Financial Services Authority replacing Financial Institutions Commission, effective November 1, 2019
- 2020 beginning of transition from EFS to Web Filing
- new LTSA electronic filing directions
- remote witnessing of affidavits during COVID-19
- new property transfer tax form requiring information on "relevant trusts" and "relevant corporations"
- mandatory use of Web Filing for property transfer tax return: Fall 2020
|Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn