Legal support staff's step-by-step guide to conveyancing in BC
This publication is essential for: legal support staff that work with residential real estate conveyances
Conveyancing involves so many details that it is hard to keep track of all the tasks you need to complete. Conveyancing Deskbook offers you practical, step-by-step instructions for all tasks involved in transferring land in BC. With checklists for each step in the process, practice notes for acting for the purchaser and the lender, over 70 forms and precedents, and a glossary of common terms, this manual will guide you through a problem-free conveyance.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the purpose and importance of each step in the conveyancing process
- confirm you haven't missed a step by consulting thorough checklists
- access a collection of conveyancing forms and precedents
Buy today and run your conveyancing files most effectively!
View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 Update include:
- updated PTT rates for residential properties
- PTT expanded reporting requirements as to legal and beneficial ownership
- forthcoming additional Law Society client identification and verification requirements
- Vancouver vacancy tax (a.k.a. empty homes tax)
- BC speculation and vacancy tax
- Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register (CSAIR)
- Real Estate Rules changes for licensee disclosure requirements as to trading services and toward unrepresented parties
- forthcoming LTSA Web Filing
- Law Society Rule changes as to trust accounting and receipt of cash
- expanded discussion of corporate borrower's lawyer's opinion letter
- CBA standard undertakings transparency provisions as to mortgage payouts
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn