Leading commercial lawyers open their files to help you draft your lease
This publication is essential for: lawyers who work in commercial leasing in BC
Imagine being able to access a vault of commercial lease precedents from some of BC's leading commercial lawyers. Commercial Leasing: Annotated Precedents offers you a premiere collection of samples for an offer to lease, full leases for various scenarios, agreements related to leasing, and special commercial lease provisions, along with commentary about concerns such as tax, financing, default, and registration.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand commercial lease clauses you use every day and know exactly why each is there
- improve your negotiating position by understanding both landlord and tenant points of view
- know what's critical to include in your lease and what you can afford to give up in negotiation
Buy today and draft commercial leases like seasoned counsel! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2020 Update include:
- new chapter 21 (Strata Clauses for Commercial Leases) containing clauses that may be used to modify a lease when the premises are a strata lot, plus commentary on key issues and concerns for leases of strata property
- addition of precedents for force majeure and rent relief clauses—developed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic—with annotations and commentary on the application of force majeure, and protections a tenant might seek
- new annotated rent deferral agreement precedent, plus commentary on GST consequences of rent relief agreements
- a discussion of best practices for virtual arbitration and mediation
- incorporation of developments in case law, legislation, and practice throughout the chapters
- updates and additions to the precedent lease language and annotations in the chapters regarding various matters, including: gross-ups for occupancy, effects of changing the locks, and landlord implementation of health emergency protocols
- new forms for the registration of leases (chapter 20)
|Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Real Estate resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor