Navigate each step of a mortgage transaction—from receipt of instructions to closing—with confidence
This publication is essential for: lawyers acting for borrowers, guarantors, and lenders in mortgage transactions
Current to: May 1, 2021
British Columbia Mortgages Practice Manual covers almost every practical issue that can arise from the wealth of rules and regulations that govern mortgage lending in BC. This resource offers you topic-by-topic guidance through the entire mortgage process from receiving lender's instructions and conducting searches to preparing mortgage documents and concluding the mortgage, focusing on the residential mortgage transaction but also discussing special considerations for commercial mortgages.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the legal principles underlying the mortgage process
- refer to over 80 precedents including search letters, file documentation, opinions, and special mortgage templates
- ensure you don't miss a step with checklists for client verification, mortgage procedure, drafting, and PPSA registration
Buy today and master your mortgages practice! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2021 Update include:
- BCCA: limitation periods and extinguishment of security
- Web Filing of land title registrations
- Land Owner Transparency Registry filing requirements
- updated search info: heritage designations, archaeological sites, First Nations lands
- second mortgages: BCCA on priority issues associated with tacking
- closing procedures: COVID-19 practices
- updated info on client identification and verification requirements
- withholding tax treaty restrictions on mortgage interest payments
- 2018 change in accounting principles re effect on reserves of impairment losses on doubtful loans
- speculation and vacancy, empty homes taxes
|Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Real Estate resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor