Your inside look into the BC Land Title and Survey Authority
This publication is essential for: anyone who deals with land title matters in BC
Current to: November 1, 2019
Published under the authority of the Land Title and Survey Authority (LTSA), Land Title Practice Manual is the reference resource for BC conveyancers. Used by LTSA staff when reviewing registration applications, this indispensable resource provides you with the full Land Title Act containing section-by-section commentary with applicable forms, practice tips, and case summaries. In addition, you will find annotated relevant sections of over 20 other statutes and regulations affecting land title practice. Examples of documents acceptable to the LTSA, guidance on instrument registration, and a survey of liens and charges are also included as handy materials.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the perspective of LTSA staff who review applications
- reduce your risk of LTSA defect notices
- quickly obtain answers to your questions about land title submissions
Buy today and become an LTSA insider! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 Update include:
- features new legislation that came into effect November 15, 2019 (new Part 10.1 of the Land Title Act and consequential amendments to other legislation)
- discusses new land transfer form templates that came into use on that date and contemplates the LTSA's forthcoming transition to Web Filing
- includes comprehensive revisions to all annotations
- provides annotations of new case law from the BCSC and BCCA
- includes and discusses E-Filing Directions v. 1.0
- incorporates all other legislative and regulatory amendments to November 1, 2019, most notably amendments to the Agricultural Land Commission Act and associated regulations
- adds Cannabis Control and Licensing Act and Cannabis Licensing Regulation to sections on government liens and charges and administrative monetary penalties
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn