Strategies for effective administrative law advocacy
This publication is essential for: lawyers, decision-makers, and judges whose work involves federal or BC administrative law decision-making
Current to: November 1, 2020
Administrative law is complex and requires specialized knowledge. British Columbia Administrative Law Practice Manual offers you a guide to navigating administrative law and procedure with advice on fundamental administrative law concepts, case preparation and advocacy, the role of evidence and parties, and the process for reviews and appeals. Covering decision-makers and courts at both federal and provincial levels, this manual provides access to sample forms annotated with commentary and a curated bibliography of other useful administrative law resources.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand what makes for effective administrative law advocacy and drafting
- more confidently handle administrative decision-makers and unrepresented parties
- avoid common administrative law practice pitfalls
Order today and deepen your knowledge of administrative law principles and practice! View a sample from the book.
Highlights of the 2021 Update include:
- admin law practice in relation to BC and federal decision-makers
- thorough coverage of judicial review, statutory appeals, and stated case
- proceedings in both the BC Superior Courts and the Federal Courts
- practice tips for counsel accustomed to formal litigation
- developments in standard of review jurisprudence at SCC (especially Vavilov) and impact on lower authorities
- elimination of jurisdiction as category in correctness review
- removal of expertise as determinative of required level of deference
- comprehensive guidance on procedural steps at all stages of review
- updated information on dealing with self-represented parties
- revised and enhanced annotated precedents with tips for correct drafting and effective practice
- updated case law and legislation
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn