Why go to court alone? Take your mentor with you!
This publication is essential for: litigators looking for a handy trial procedure resource in court or at the office
Current to: July 1, 2021
From your first client meeting, every step you take in a file could become part of your trial preparation. The British Columbia Civil Trial Handbook (6th ed.) is your guide to preparing a case that will be litigated in the BC Supreme Court. You have access to succinct explanations and techniques of leading advocates on pleading your case, managing pre-trial procedures, preparing your evidence and challenging others', and conducting the trial before a judge or a jury. Checklists of considerations for each stage of trial preparation and sample trial documents are designed to help you with trial management.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- access the knowledge of seasoned advocates for each step of litigation, from the client retainer to obtaining costs
- get organized for trial with a sample trial brief, litigation budget, and trial preparation checklist
- quickly search for support with evidence, witnesses, and objections while in the courtroom
Buy today and be well prepared for any stage of litigation! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 6th Edition include:
- all chapters, forms and precedents, and other features of the manual have been brought current to July 1, 2021
- new chapter 6 (Disposition of the Case Before Trial) and significant revisions to chapter 7 (Preparing Documentary Evidence in a Civil Case), and chapter 12 (Objections at Trial)
- new and expanded discussion regarding, among others, the following:
- modified court procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic
- considerations for drafting third party pleadings
- preparation for trial management conferences
- use of document management programs (DMPs)
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor