Why go to court alone? Take your mentor with you!
This publication is essential for: litigators looking for a handy trial procedure resource in court or at the office
Current to: July 1, 2018
From your first client meeting, every step you take in a file could become part of your trial preparation. The British Columbia Civil Trial Handbook (5th ed.) is your guide to preparing a case that will be litigated in the BC Supreme Court. You have access to succinct explanations and techniques of leading advocates on pleading your case, managing pre-trial procedures, preparing your evidence and challenging others', and conducting the trial before a judge or a jury. Checklists of considerations for each stage of trial preparation and sample trial documents are designed to help you with trial management.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- access the knowledge of seasoned advocates for each step of litigation, from the client retainer to obtaining costs
- get organized for trial with a sample trial brief, litigation budget, and trial preparation checklist
- quickly search for support with evidence, witnesses, and objections while in the courtroom
Buy today and be well prepared for any stage of litigation! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 5th Edition include:
- practical advice regarding document production and the cooperation of counsel with respect to parameters of production, document storage, agreed books of documents, etc.
- the impact of technology on running a civil trial
- requirements for drafting affidavits, stating jurisdictional basis for applications, setting realistic time estimates, and advocacy
- trial management agreements regarding documents and admissions, requirement for trial briefs, when trial management conferences may be dispensed with, and witness lists
- developments in summary trial procedure, no evidence and insufficient evidence motions, and leave to appeal to the Court of Appeal
- ethical issues, conduct of counsel, and civility in court (Groia v. Law Society of Upper Canada)
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor