The classic guide to BC appellate court practice
This publication is essential for: lawyers and support teams needing direction on civil appeal procedure in BC
Current to: January 1, 2023
The Civil Appeal Handbook is your comprehensive companion to civil appellate law, practice, and procedure in BC. Peter Senkpiel, KC, Caitlin Ohama-Darcus, and Tom Posyniak have thoroughly researched many hundreds of cases on appellate practice to create this definitive resource supported by ample references to statutes, case law, and academia. You will be confident in dealing with all appellate issues, from the BC Court of Appeal's jurisdiction through to issues arising post-hearing.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- plan an appeal strategy after reviewing your client's situation
- understand the nuances of appellate court procedure
- identify opportunities for persuasive advocacy during the appeal process
Buy today and prepare appeals with confidence! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2023 Update:
The Civil Appeal Handbook has been fully updated in conjunction with the 2022 repeal and replacement of the Court of Appeal Act and Court of Appeal Rules and is now released as a new edition. This second edition of the book:
- provides detailed analysis and guidance on the new legislation, the application of both new and old case law to appellate practice, and developments in practice
- includes updated Court of Appeal registry materials, including the Annotated Table of Concordance for the new and old legislation, updated flowcharts, and the new forms under the Court of Appeal Rules
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor