The classic guide to BC appellate court practice
This publication is essential for: lawyers and support teams needing direction on civil appeal procedure in BC
Current to: January 15, 2019
The Civil Appeal Handbook is your comprehensive companion to civil appellate law, practice, and procedure in BC. Holly Brinton and Peter Senkpiel have thoroughly researched the many hundreds of cases on appellate practice to create this definitive resource supported by ample references to statutes, case law, and academia. You will be confident in dealing with all appellate issues, from the BC Court of Appeal's jurisdiction through to issues arising post-hearing.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- plan an appeal strategy after reviewing your client's situation
- understand the nuances of appellate court procedure
- identify opportunities for persuasive advocacy during the appeal process
Buy today and prepare appeals with confidence! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 Update include:
- New case law and practice developments on topics including:
- practical effects of a party obtaining impoverished status
- criteria for obtaining intervenor status and standing to appeal
- procedural considerations relating to the appeal and alteration of costs orders
- reinstating preservation orders in lieu of, or in addition to, a Mareva injunction
- additions to commentary on the standard of review for numerous types of appeals
- appealing orders under the Companies Creditors' Arrangement Act and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor