Practical solutions to your builders lien problems and questions
This publication is essential for: lawyers needing practical guidance on BC builders lien issues
Current to: July 1, 2019
Builders liens issues arise frequently in construction and real estate practices and you need to have speedy answers for your clients. The British Columbia Builders Liens Practice Manual guides you through practical issues that frequently arise under the Builders Lien Act, covering the entire process from how to file a claim of lien all the way to enforcing a lien. With each topic, you receive guidance, relevant sections of the Act, case law, and templates to help you address the specific lien issue that your client is facing.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the nature of the lienable interest, the builders lien trust, and lien priorities
- quickly determine the procedures and time limits for filing, enforcing, or discharging your client's lien
- avoid common builders lien mistakes leading to solicitor's liability
Buy today and build your confidence on builders liens matters! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2019 Update include:
- cases, legislation, and commentary brought current to July 1, 2019
- in-depth discussion of updates to the Rules for Mediation and Arbitration of Construction Industry Disputes (CCDC 40-2018)
- discussion of practice topics under the Builders Lien Act including, among others, the nature of an "offence" under s. 45; where short notice is (and is not) appropriate on a s. 24 application; the steps required to fulfill notice and delivery requirements; and public bodies that are exempted from establishing holdback accounts
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Real Estate resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor