Discovery: Your key to reaching settlement or gaining an edge at trial
This publication is essential for: all lawyers using the BC Supreme Court discovery procedures in a case
Current to: January 15, 2022
The tools of discovery are powerful with the potential to strengthen your case and weaken the other party's. With Discovery Practice in British Columbia, you have access to analysis of the latest case law and practice tips for all discovery tools including document discovery, examination for discovery, pre-trial examination of a witness, interrogatories, and more. Scripts on making and defending objections, checklists, and hundreds of sample forms help you to use discovery procedures to effectively build your case.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- determine strategic approaches for obtaining and giving document production
- ask the right questions and make effective objections at examinations for discovery
- assert and attack privilege claims
- skillfully use discovery evidence at trial
Buy today and master the tools of discovery! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2022 Update:
- case law and legislation references brought current to approximately January 15, 2022
- new annotations and expanded commentary regarding, among others, the following:
- whether computer hard drives fall within the definition of a "document"
- circumstances where a court may limit discovery of documents under Rule 7-1(11) to (14) on the basis of proportionality
- selection of corporate representatives for examinations for discovery
- when physical examination (rather than examination by videoconference) should be used during the COVID-19 pandemic
- applying for orders for answers to interrogatories
- circumstances where examination for discovery transcripts may be read in at trial
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor