The only full set of civil jury instructions in Canada
This publication is essential for: Canadian trial judges and litigators working with civil juries
Current to: November 1, 2023
Jury trials involve an immense amount of work, especially when it comes to researching and writing charges. With approximately 100 standard, plain language instructions on jury trial procedure, evidence, torts, defences, and damages, Civil Jury Instructions does the heavy lifting for you. User notes and annotations to the instructions alert you to the relevant legal authorities, provide warnings, and offer alternative language. Checklists, sample questions, and a user guide help you effectively prepare for your jury trial.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- understand the specific evidence required to prove a particular action or defence
- save time researching, drafting, and updating your collection of civil jury instructions
- effectively prepare for trial
Buy your copy and communicate clearly to civil juries today! View a sample from this book!
Highlights of the 2024 Update include:
- numerous instructions revised to reflect recent BCCA, BCSC decisions and for clarity
- inevitable accident
- seat belt defence
- occupier's liability
- punitive wrongful dismissal damages
- future case pecuniary damages deductions for public funding
- Family Compensation Act categories of loss
- several user notes added for the court to consider
- stale and dated annotations revised or culled throughout
- introductory chapters revised to reflect new case law from SCC, BCCA, BCSC, ONCA
Sign up for a Standing Order to receive notice one month before a new update is released and receive a special update price. Contact Customer Service for more information. Sign up for an annual subscription to this title and receive 35% off the price of the print copy.
Discover all of our Litigation resources here
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn